Serving as your commercial or industrial energy supplier is only one part of being an active member of the areas we serve. At SJE, we also invest in our community through the Energy for the Arts Grant Program.
Energy for the Arts provides critical support to sustain local, school-based competitive arts programs. SJE grants 15 awards (chosen lottery style) worth $1,000 each to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Each applying school’s art, music or dance program must serve any or all children (grades K-12) within the areas where we do business.
- Winning applicants may not reapply the year after they have received funding.
Our 2016 winners include:
- Bunker Hill Middle School (Sewell) – Music
- Clayton High School – Visual Arts
- Commercial Township School District (Port Norris) – Theatre
- Dane Barse Elementary School (Vineland) – Visual Arts
- Albert M. Bean Elementary School (Pine Hill) – Visual Arts
- Edgarton Christian Academy (Newfield) – Visual Arts
- Egg Harbor Township High School – Visual Arts
- Glassboro Intermediate School – Music
- Lower Cape May Regional High School – Dance
- Millville High School – Music
- Olivet Elementary School (Pittsgrove) – Visual Arts
- Pinelands Regional Junior High School (Little Egg Harbor) – Music
- Quinton Township School – Theatre
- West Deptford High School – Music
- Woodland Country Day School (Bridgeton) – Visual Arts
SJE hopes not only to provide the best business energy partnerships in South Jersey, but, through the Energy for the Arts grant program, we also hope to provide the best investment in our community’s future.